Bank of Melbourne offers help to Victorian flood victims
Friday, 9 March 2012
Bank of Melbourne has announced that customers who are suffering financial hardship as a result of the recent floods in Victoria, should contact the Bank as soon as possible to discuss their individual circumstances and seek assistance.
Locations declared as Natural Disaster areas, where customers can access Bank of Melbourne's Customer Relief Package, include:
- 3630 Shepparton
- 3630 Shepparton North
- 3636 Naring, Numurkah
- 3730 Telford
- 3633 Congupna
- 3608 Goulburn River area
- 3639 Picola Barmah
- 3638 Nathalia
- 3634 Tallygaroopna
- 3635 Wunghnu Mundoona
- 3644 Muckatah
- 3649 Katamatite
- 3728 Tungamah
"Our thoughts go out to the people of northern Victoria who have experienced the flooding in these communities," said Bank of Melbourne Chief Executive, Scott Tanner.
Bank of Melbourne is offering a relief package to assist our customers through this difficult time. We ask Bank of Melbourne customers who have been impacted by the floods in these areas to contact us as soon as they can. We will assess each customer's case individually and assist them as quickly as possible."
Assistance available to customers includes:
- Affected customers with home loans may apply to defer repayments for up to 3 months.
- Businesses with existing loans may request loan restructuring without establishment fees.
- Credit card holders may request an emergency credit limit increase or defer payments to their card for 90 days.
- Customers with term deposits can withdraw funds without incurring interest adjustments.
- No establishment fee and discounted interest rates on Personal Loans taken out for the purpose of replacement goods.
- Assistance such as emergency funds and temporary accommodation, where eligible, for Bank of Melbourne customers making Home and Contents Insurance claims.
Customers seeking assistance are encouraged to contact Bank of Melbourne Assist on 1800 600 266. (8am - 7.30pm EST, Monday to Friday and 9.00am to 5.00pm EST, Saturday)