Spring Home Loan prize draw
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY INTO BANK OF MELBOURNE HOME LOAN PROTECTION & PROTECTION PLANS PROMOTION (THE "PROMOTION")
1. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of these terms and conditions; however, to the extent that there is any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any other published material, these terms and conditions will prevail. By participating in this Promotion, each participant fully and unconditionally agrees and acknowledges that these terms and conditions are binding.
2. The promoters are St.George Life Limited ABN 88 076 763 936, Westpac Life Insurance Services Limited ABN 31 003 149 157, Westpac Securities Administration Limited ABN 77 000 049 472 and Bank of Melbourne - a Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 of 275 Kent Street, Sydney, NSW ("St.George" or the "Promoter"), tel: 13 22 66. The Promoter and its related bodies corporate (as that term is defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth)) will be known as the "Westpac Group".
3. The Promotion commences at 12.01am Eastern Standard Time ("EST") on 4 September 2012 and closes at 11.50pm EST on 7 October 2012 (the "Promotion Period").
4. Entry is open to all residents of Victoria aged 18 years or over who submit a valid entry in accordance with clause 6 during the Promotion Period (an "Eligible Entrant"). Employees and contractors of the Westpac Group and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. In the event that an account with the Promoter is held in joint names, the Eligible Entrant will be the person first named on that account.
5. Any person who submits an entry who would otherwise be an Eligible Entrant but who does not wish to enter the Promotion may advise the Promoter by calling (02) 8254 6784 and that Eligible Entrant will be deemed ineligible to enter Promotion.
6. To enter this Promotion, an Eligible Entrant must:
- apply for a Bank of Melbourne property loan (Advantage Package, Standard Variable Rate Loan, Fixed Rate Home Loan, Portfolio Loan, Basic Home Loan, Introductory Rate Home Loan, Low Doc Home Loan, Low Doc Portfolio Loan, or Seniors Access Home Loan)" (the “Loan”) during the promotion period;
- apply for Bank of Melbourne Home Loan Protection (“HLP”) over the Loan in 6a or BT Protection Plans (“BTPP”) during the promotion period;
- the Loan must be conditionally approved during the promotion period;
- HLP or BTPP must be accepted by 7 November 2012
(an “Entry”). No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected Entries.
7. Multiple Entries are not permitted. Eligible Entrants will only receive one entry into the draw for the first valid Entry submitted during the Promotion Period. All subsequent Entries will be discarded.
8. There are two prizes available, consisting of payment of the premium for HLP for one year up to a total valued of $1,000 and payment of the premium for BTPP for one year up to a total value of $5,000 at time of publication (the “Prize”). The total retail value of all Prizes offered under this Promotion is up to $6,000 at time of publication. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in the Prize value. The Prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash, and will be provided as a refund on or deduction adjustment to future premium payments
9. The prize draw will be conducted on 16 November 2012 at Level 11, 275 Kent Street, Sydney at 9.00am Eastern Daylight Savings Time (“EDST”) (the “Draw”). The winner will be determined by way of a random selection from a computer database containing all Entries from Eligible Entrants. The Eligible Entrant that submitted the first Entry drawn will receive the Prize (the “Winner”).
10. The allocation of the Prize to the Winner is final and the Promoter will not enter into any correspondence in relation to the Prize or the Promotion. If the Promoter cannot determine whether the primary account holder or a joint, supplemental or additional account holder submitted the Prize-winning Entry, the Prize will be awarded to the primary account holder of the account used to make the winning Entry.
11. The Winner will be notified by email or regular mail to the address associated with their account on 19 November 2012. In the event the winner can not be contacted on this day, the Promoter will continue to attempt to contact the Winner up until the Prize claim deadline outlined in these terms and conditions. The name of the Winner will also be published in the Public Notices section of The Australian Newspaper on 23 November 2012. Eligible Entrants are responsible for keeping the Promoter informed of any changes to their contact information during and immediately following the Promotion Period. To claim the Prize, the winner must respond to the notification in the manner that will be set out in the notification letter.
12. The Prize will be awarded to the Winner by way of a refund on or deduction to future premium payments within the first 12 months from policy inception.
13. If any Prize is not claimed by 18 February 2013, the Promoter may conduct such further draws at the same place as the original Draw as may be necessary to apportion such unclaimed Prize. The Promoter will comply with any applicable legislation regarding any unclaimed Prize and any written directions of any competent authority in that regard. If permitted by the applicable legislation, the Promoter will conduct a redraw at 10am EDST on 25 February 2013. The winner will be notified by email or mail to the address associated with their policy on 26February 2013 and the Winner’s name will also be published in the Public Notices section of The Australian Newspaper on 6 March 2013. Eligible Entrants are responsible for keeping the Promoter informed of any changes to their contact information during and immediately following the Promotion Period. To claim the Prize, the winner must respond to the notification in the manner that will be set out in the notification letter.
14. Except for guarantees, warranties and conditions implied by law which cannot be excluded, neither the Promoter nor any other member of the Westpac Group make any guarantees, representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the quality or suitability of any prizes awarded under these terms and conditions.
15. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify any right or remedy, or any guarantee, warranty or other term or condition, implied or imposed by any legislation which cannot lawfully be excluded or limited. This may include the Corporations Act 2001, the Competition and Consumer Act 2010, Australian Consumer Law or any equivalent State or Territory legislation. If any guarantee, warranty, term or conditions implied or imposed under the Australian Consumer Law or any other applicable legislation in relation to any prizes awarded under these terms and conditions cannot be excluded (a “Non-Excludable Provision”) and the Promoter is able to limit the remedy for a breach of the Non-Excludable Provision, then the liability of the Promoter and all members of the Westpac Group for breach of the Non-Excludable Provision is limited to one or more of the following at the Promoter's option:
- the replacement of the prize or the supply of an equivalent prize,
- the repair of the prize,
- the supplying of the prize again,
- the payment of the cost of replacing the prize or of acquiring an equivalent prize,
- the payment of the cost of having the prize repaired; or
- the payment of the costs of having the prize supplied again.
16. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter and all other members of the Westpac Group expressly disclaim liability for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury which is suffered or sustained in connection with any participant’s participation in this Promotion or the acceptance of any Prize. The Winner indemnifies the Promoter and all members of the Westpac Group against any liability, injury, loss or damage which may be suffered, incurred or sustained by the Promoter or any member of the Westpac Group arising out of, relating to, or in any way connected with, any act or omission (including negligence) by the Winner, or its use of the Prize, or its breach of these terms and conditions.
18. Neither the Promoter nor any other member of the Westpac Group will be responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or entry to be received by the Promoter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet.
19. If this Promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason (including but not limited to failure or malfunction of any computer equipment by reason of infection by computer virus, power failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical failures or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion), the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who undermines the integrity or fair funning of the Promotion for other entrants, including by tampering with the entry process, and, after consulting with the relevant legislative authorities, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
Authorised under trade promotion permit: VIC TP12/2057.