Home and Contents Insurance
Save 10% off your annual premium for the first year when you apply online and enter the promotional code COVER.
- Conveniently arrange your home finance and home and contents cover under the one roof with Bank of Melbourne1
- Our home and contents insurance covers a wide range of events from fires, storms, burglary or malicious acts, to explosions, floods, lightning, falling trees, even earthquakes
- Enjoy the added comfort of knowing any damaged belongings will be replaced with new ones, irrespective of age
- Optional Personal Valuables cover provides added protection for your jewellery and portable devices such as laptops and mobile phones
- Receive a 10% discount+ off your annual premium when both your home and contents are insured under the one policy at the same address
- To get an idea of how much cover you need, visit bankofmelbourne.com.au/calculators.
Things you should know: Cover is subject to your application for insurance being accepted.
* For eligible policies purchased between 12am AEDT on 01/02/2017 and 11:59pm AEDT 31/03/2017, up to the maximum value of $5,000.Promotion opens 12am AEDT on 01/02/17 and closes 11.59pm AEDT on 31/03/2017. Entry is open to all Australian residents aged 18 years or over. Westpac Group employees and contractors are not eligible to enter. To enter the promotion, successfully purchase a policy under any of the following Bank of Melbourne products: Bank of Melbourne Home and Contents Insurance, Bank of Melbourne Landlord Insurance and Bank of Melbourne Motor Insurance (each an “Eligible Policy”). Winners are drawn daily at random at 11am at Level 13, 2 Market St Sydney 2000. Winners notified in writing or via phone and their names will be published in the Public Notices section of The Australian Newspaper on 10/02/17, 24/02/17, 10/03/17, 24/03/17, and 07/04/17. The promoter is Westpac General Insurance Limited, ABN 99 003 719 319. Authorised under trade promotion permits: ACT Permit No: TP 17/00115, SA Permit No T17/111, NSW Permit No LTPS/17/11114.
Home and Contents Insurance is issued by Westpac General Insurance Limited ABN 99 003 719 319 (except workers compensation cover where applicable). Bank of Melbourne – a Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (the Bank) distributes the insurance, but does not guarantee the insurance. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Read the Product Disclosure Statement, to see if this insurance is right for you.
Product Disclosure Statements (PDS)
- Home and Contents Insurance Product Disclosure Statement
(applicable to policies initially issued on or after 26 October 2015 or current policies last renewed on or after the 08 August 2016)
- Home and Contents Insurance Product Disclosure Statement (Prepared 21 September 2013) (applicable to current policies last renewed before 28 December 2015)
- Home and Contents Insurance Product Disclosure Statement (Prepared 21 September 2013) and Supplementary Product Disclosure Statement (applicable to current policies last renewed on or after 28 December 2015)
Key Facts Sheets (KFS)
- Home Building Essential Care KFS (PDF 312kb)
- Home Contents Essential Care KFS (PDF 336kb)
- Home Building Quality Care KFS (PDF 312kb)
- Home Contents Quality Care KFS (PDF 337kb)
- Home Building Premier Care KFS (PDF 312kb)
- Home Contents Premier Care KFS (PDF 342kb)
Financial Services Guide (FSG)
1 This insurance is optional and not a condition of the loan. You can choose to cover your property with another insurer.
+ Receive a 10% discount on your annual premiums when you combine both your home and contents at the same address under one policy.