- The reassurance of a guaranteed return on your investment
- Avoid market fluctuations with a specific amount locked away at a fixed interest rate (with no immediate access to funds during the term)¹ ²
- Choose a term length that matches your business cycle.
- Limited time offer: 5.00% p.a. fixed rate available for terms between 12 and 23 months, for amounts between $1,000 and $5,000,000.
- Add 0.10% p.a. to these rates if you’re already with Bank of Melbourne and opening or renewing online#.
- 18+ years old
- Minimum deposit of $1,000
- Operating in Australia with an Australian address.
- You must be an existing Bank of Melbourne banking customer
- Online application and online bonus rate available for personal customers and sole traders only.
- Not a sole trader? Speak to your banker about your options.
Flexible maturity options.
1 month to 5 years.
Term Deposit interest rates
Bonus rates: Add 0.10% p.a. to these rates if you’re already with Bank of Melbourne and opening or renewing online#. Sign in and check rates to see if you qualify for a higher bonus rate.
How to apply
Conditions apply. Before making a decision, it's best to read the terms and conditions and important information document.
- Term Deposits Terms and Conditions and General Information
- Important information document
- Fixed Term Deposits interest rates
1. Following lodgement of the minimum balance requirement, the rate is guaranteed for the term of the investment.
2. You must provide a minimum of 31 days' notice to access funds prior to maturity (except in cases of hardship). Early withdrawal may reduce returns.
3. Special rates will apply for a single term. Standard Term Deposit rates may apply for any subsequent term. Special rates are not available for corporate, institutional or government customers.
*Rate is available for new or renewed Term Deposits for 12-23 month terms, from $1,000 to $5,000,000. Not available for Financial Institutions. Rate applies for a single term. Higher or lower rates may apply for subsequent terms. Rate is not available in conjunction with any other special rates offered on Bank of Melbourne Term Deposits, unless specified otherwise.
Rate will not be automatically applied to a renewing Term Deposit. Commercial and Private Bank customers will need to contact their Relationship Manager. You must provide a minimum of 31 days’ notice to access funds prior to maturity (except in cases of hardship). If the deposit or any part of it is withdrawn early, an interest rate adjustment will normally apply. This offer is available via Internet Banking (for existing customers) or by talking to us.
Access is subject to systems availability. Daily transaction limits apply.
The advice on our website is prepared without knowing your financial circumstances. Before you act on this or any advice, please consider if it’s right for you. If you need help, call 13 22 66.
BPAY® registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518
Term deposits are "protected accounts" under the Financial Claims Scheme (FCS). Payments under the FCS are subject to a limit for each depositor. For more information visit www.fcs.gov.au.