I would like to...
Our personal loans
For consolidating debt, buying a car, renovating, heading on holiday or a one-off purchase.
- Borrow $2,000-$40,000 in one go
- Choose between a fixed interest rate for repayment stability, or a variable interest rate for flexibility
- Have a set end-date to your repayments.
Credit criteria, fees, charges, terms and conditions apply.
The information on our website is prepared without knowing your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. For this reason, you should read the product disclosure documents as well as the before making a decision and consider whether the product is appropriate for you. If you need help, call 13 22 66.
The interest rate may vary based on the value of the car you offer as security.
^Comparison rates help you understand the true cost of a loan. The comparison rate is based on a Personal Loan with a loan amount of $30,000 and a term of 5 years. WARNING: This comparison rate applies only to the example or examples given. Different amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as redraw fees or early repayment fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan.
*Conditional approval is valid for 30 days based on the understanding that the information you have provided is correct and there will be no significant changes to your financial situation. Before final approval, we will ask you for further details, including information about the car being offered as security. Please note that conditional approval is not a loan offer or formal approval. If your circumstances change, please contact us on 13 22 66 to discuss your application.
Note: you must draw down on your Get Set loan within 60 days of its approval or your loan account will be closed.
- The range of loan purposes for a Secured Personal Loan consist of: boats, caravans, trailers; home improvements; household goods; motorcycle; new car; refinance and consolidate debt; travel and used car.
- To qualify for a lower interest rate, any motor vehicle offered as security must not be more than 12 years old upon loan expiry. The vehicle used as security must be registered under the applicant's name. If the vehicle is registered in joint names, the loan application must be under joint names. Whether purchasing new or refinancing a used car, the vehicle has to have been imported to Australia by the manufacturer, and all the lending criteria met.
#$0 Establishment fee offer: Information current as at 22 August 2019. The offer is open to customers who apply and complete an application for a new fixed or variable rate Bank of Melbourne Unsecured Personal Loan by 30 September 2019 in Branch, by calling call 13 22 66 or online via the 'Apply now' application button on this page. For existing customers applying via the Bank of Melbourne Mobile Online Banking app please enter Special Offer Code ‘U9‘ to receive the offer. If approved, the Establishment fee will be waived, saving $195. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and may be varied or withdrawn at any time. All other fees outlined on the Product page and in the Terms and Conditions apply. Interest rates are subject to change. Read the product Terms and Conditions, including the Internet and Phone Banking Terms and Conditions before making a decision and consider whether the product is appropriate for you. If you need help, call 13 22 66.