Get the right payment solution for your business
Benefits of our EFTPOS solutions
Choose an EFTPOS terminal
Simple pricing, no lock-in contracts
Simple flat rate
1.2% flat rate on all eftpos, Mastercard®, Visa® and UnionPay transactions6.
Monthly terminal fee
Starting at $24.75 a month for an EFTPOS Now terminal.
Frequently asked questions
EFTPOS stands for Electronic Funds Transfer at the Point Of Sale. It's the term used to describe an electronic payment system (also known as a machine or terminal) that enables the taking of payments by digital wallets, debit, credit and charge cards. EFTPOS machines – which can be standalone or connected to a point of sale (POS) system – facilitate the movement of funds from a customer’s credit, charge and debit card account to a nominated business bank account.
Then there is eftpos, which is the debit card payment system that takes funds directly from a customer’s cheque or savings transaction account to pay for purchases in store.
Looking for something else?
Applications for payment solutions are subject to approval. Terms and Conditions, and other apply. Full details are available on request.
1. Bank of Melbourne same day settlement is not available between 9:30pm and 11:00pm - Sydney time. You can only perform a settlement once a day, before 9:30pm (Sydney time). A settlement done after 11:00pm will be processed as a settlement for the next day. Subject to system availability, settlement can take place 7 days a week. Settlement must be to an eligible Bank of Melbourne transaction account. Same day settlement is only available for Mastercard, Visa and eftpos transactions (plus UnionPay if using EFTPOS Connect).
2. Subject to system availability.
3. The point of sale (POS) systems are supplied by POS Providers, not Bank of Melbourne. Bank of Melbourne does not guarantee or endorse those products and any related services.
5. This functionality is point of sale (POS) dependent.
6. Our 1.2% flat transaction rate applies to eftpos, Mastercard, Visa and UnionPay but not to American Express, Diners Club or JCB cards.
7. Value Added Services such as ZipPay are subject to POS availability. Please visit linkly.com.au for details.
# If you want to accept American Express or JCB payments, you’ll need to call 1300 363 614 to enter into a separate merchant agreement with American Express or JCB.
^If you want to accept Diners Club payments, you’ll need to call 1300 360 060 to enter into a separate agreement with Diners Club.
UnionPay is a trademark of UnionPay International Co. Ltd.
Mastercard® is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated.
Visa® is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association.
American Express® is a registered trademark of American Express.
Samsung and Samsung Pay are trademarks or registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co.
Apple Pay is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Google Pay is a trademark of Google Inc.
Fitbit and Fitbit Pay are registered trademark(s) or trademark(s) of Fitbit LLC and/or its affiliates in the United States and other countries.