Business bank accounts
Our most popular business bank account
Essential everyday transaction bank account with the flexibility and freedom your business needs. Ideal for starting a new business.
Special offer: Open a Freedom Business Account by 7 December 2018 and you could get $100 cashback*. Conditions apply. Offer for a limited time only.
- Unlimited fee-free electronic transactions1
- 30 free in-branch transactions (includes over the counter, electronic agency, and cheque deposits and withdrawals)
- Business Visa Debit card at no extra cost
- $10 monthly account keeping fee will be applicable.
Ideal for businesses with high transactional needs
Complete everyday transaction bank account ideal for businesses that do lots of transactions each month.
- 70 free in-branch transactions (includes over the counter, electronic agency, and cheque deposits and withdrawals)
- Instant access and earn interest on business funds
- Unlimited fee-free electronic transactions
- $20 monthly account keeping fee
Access your business savings when you need it
Make the most of your business funds with full access should you need it with our business savings account.
- Earn a competitive interest rate
- 24/7 access via Internet and Phone Banking to a linked eligible Bank of Melbourne everyday account1
- No monthly account keeping fee on this account2
- No minimum monthly balance or deposit required
Not sure which account you need?
More for your business
Business bank accounts FAQs
The information on our website is prepared without knowing your financial circumstances. Before deciding to acquire or hold a product, please read the Terms and Conditions and consider if the product is appropriate for you. The Terms and Conditions are important and we encourage you to review, save and print it. If you would like a paper copy ask at your local branch.
Conditions and fees apply.
^ Account opening criteria applies.
*To be eligible for this offer, customers need to open a Freedom Business Account between 5 November 2018 and 7 December 2018 (inclusive) (“Offer Period”) and complete a minimum of two Visa Debit Card Transactions within 30 days of opening the account (“Eligibility Period”). Eligible customers will receive $100 deposited into their account within 60 days of the end of the Eligibility Period. (“Offer”). The Offer is limited to one $100 deposit per eligible customer, unless in the case of opening a joint account one of the joint account holders becomes an eligible customer for a separate Freedom Business Account opened during the Offer Period, no $100 deposit will be paid to any of the joint accounts holders in respect of the relevant joint account. The Offer excludes customers who opened a Freedom Business account with BankSA, St.George Bank or Bank of Melbourne any time before and including 4 November 2018. The Offer is not available with any other offer. The Offer may be repeated from time to time, withdrawn, varied or extended at any time. Bank of Melbourne - A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.
1. Electronic transactions are Internet and Phone Banking deposits, withdrawals and transfers, Direct Debits and Credits, St.George/BankSA/Bank of Melbourne/Westpac ATM withdrawals in Australia, St.George/BankSA/Bank of Melbourne ATM deposits and mini transaction history and EFTPOS withdrawals and Business Visa Debit Card transactions. Internet and Phone Banking and Business Banking Online are subject to systems availability, daily transaction limits apply.
2. Other fees and charges may apply, including for branch access. Fees and charges may be payable on your eligible Bank of Melbourne everyday account.
3. Following lodgement of the minimum balance requirement, the rate is guaranteed for the term of the investment, subject to terms and conditions (e.g. returns may be reduced if an amount is withdrawn before maturity).
4. This fee does not apply if you have a Commercial Overdraft or Business Maximiser Overdraft facility. Please see the Business Lending and Finance Facilities Fees and Charges for specific services and loan accounts booklet for the monthly account keeping fee/loan administration fee that will apply to your facility. All credit applications are subject to the Bank of Melbourne’s normal lending criteria.