Business Banking Online
We are committed to supporting our business customers and the wider community across Australia; and will continue to do so as the COVID-19 situation evolves. Our online banking services – Business Banking Online and Internet and Phone Banking – provide you with access to a range of banking features from your desktop, tablet or mobile.
Which online banking is right for my business?
Our online banking services offer a range of different features. You can choose the service that matches your business structure, or sole traders and partnerships can register for both services for greater flexibility in managing your business banking.
Internet and Phone Banking
Ideal for sole traders and partnerships
- Daily limit of $25,000 on total of all transfers and payments from one or more business accounts
- Available for accounts that require a sole signatory
- Make fast payments with Osko and PayID
- Activate and manage your cards online
- Online banking is set up in the individual’s name.
Business Banking Online
Ideal for companies and businesses that:
- Provide staff banking access:
- Set up new users
- Set their maximum payment limits
- Choose what banking tasks you would like them to do
- Unlike Internet & Phone Banking, there is no daily limitation for payments and transfers
- Set up payment approval workflow (up to two users can approve)
- Make multiple payments such as payroll
- Import files from software such as Xero or MYOB
- Online banking is set up in the organisation’s name.
Key features of Internet and Phone Banking
Sole traders and partnerships can manage certain business banking functions through our Internet and Phone Banking online banking service, which is also our personal banking platform.
Bank of Melbourne Secure Guarantee
If an unauthorised transaction occurs on your account – and it’s clear you have not contributed to the losses* – Bank of Melbourne will refund the full amount.
Make payments fast
Get paid and make Osko payments fast1. You can get paid and make Osko payments in near real-time, typically less than a few seconds, via your eligible account using a PayID or a BSB and account number, between participating banks in Australia, under the New Payments Platform (NPP)2.
Easily activate a new card and set your pin online.
Update your contact details
Keep us up to date when your contact details (such as mobile number, email or postal address) change. Simply log into the app or internet banking and follow the prompts.
Not yet registered for Internet and Phone Banking?
Key features of Business Banking Online
Business Banking Online is designed for businesses that require staff banking access, and unlike Internet & Phone Banking, there is no daily limitation for payments and transfers, and you can obtain additional reports. It has the flexibility to support your business effectively, however large you grow.
Simplify account management
Unlike Internet & Phone Banking, you can view more than 200 accounts from your dashboard – including personal, business, linked-companies (subsidiaries, franchisees etc.) and foreign currency accounts. Plus make same day3 and overseas payments.
Reset your password online
If you have an RSA SecurID® token registered to your Business Banking Online then you can reset your password online from the logon screen.
Control employee access
Set up new users in minutes, set their maximum payment limits and choose what banking tasks you would like them to do (View/Create/Authorise/Admin/Dual Admin etc.).
Use SecurID® tokens to authorise payments and perform administrative tasks online.
Find transactions easily with the ability to search across your linked accounts and save key reports as a PDF such as transaction history and consolidated balances to use when you need.
Save time by importing payment files such as payroll and bulk payments from your compatible accounting software or Excel and/or setup payment templates for those regular payments you need to make.
Register for Business Banking Online
Forgot your login details?
Strengthen your online fraud protection - at no cost to you
Your security is our priority. To protect you we’ve worked with IBM to offer IBM® Security Trusteer Rapport TM that provides an additional layer of protection, at no cost to you. It works in parallel with your existing security solutions, to form a robust security suite.
Trusteer is designed to protect your business against potential malicious software (malware), which is often hidden in links or attachments in emails which, when opened, attempts to compromise your personal, financial and business information.
Need to make changes to your existing Business Banking Online set up?
Whether you're adding an administrator or a new user, or adding or removing linked accounts, you can do it all using our forms.
Before using Internet and Phone Banking, please read the Bank of Melbourne Terms and Conditions for Internet Banking and Phone Banking and before using Mobile or Tablet Banking please read the Mobile Terms and Conditions
The Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for Business Banking Online and Payment Services includes: Terms and Conditions , Fees and charges. The PDS is important and we encourage you to view, save and/or print these supporting documents. If you would like a paper copy of the PDS, please visit your local branch or request one by post. Bank of Melbourne issues the products on this website.
* Subject to the account's terms and conditions of use.
1. Both the sending and receiving bank accounts must be enabled for faster Osko payments. Fast Osko payments will not be available on some STG accounts (including credit accounts), to offshore bank accounts or for transfers in a foreign currency.
2. Subject to system availability. Scheduled maintenance and unexpected outages may impact availability.
3. Same day (RTGS) payments must be made to accounts held at eligible Australian financial institutions, and be created and fully approved before the 3pm (AEST) cut off time. Fees and charges, daily limits apply.
Payments may take longer in some instances, such as where there is a technical interruption to the service, there is a payment to a first time payee or when the payment is caught for additional security screening.SecurID® is the registered trade mark of EMC Corporation. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.