Bank of Melbourne has teamed up with St.George
Sometimes it’s best to get help from a professional. That’s why we’ve teamed up with St.George to make trading much simpler. The directshares trading platform also offers the convenience of linking your eligible account to settle your trades.
Pay only when you trade, with competitive online broking fees.
From $19.95 per trade*.
Buy, sell and manage your
share portfolio with ease
You can also select from the following features …
Settle to your account
Choose to trade with your own funds from an eligible bank account or borrow money to invest with a margin loan. If you bank with Bank of Melbourne, St.George Bank or BankSA; you can link your eligible bank account to settle your trades^.
Trading account options
Opt to set up your trading account as an individual, joint with someone else, as a company, registered body, trustee or super fund.
Transfer securities from an existing account
directshares makes it easy to switch existing shares over to your new trading platform.
A range of products to invest in
Trade a range of products including shares, options, ETFs, and warrants.
With directshares SharePacks you can purchase a diversified portfolio of 8 shares from different industries. The shares are chosen by a consensus of analyst recommendations and updated weekly.
directshares Power is a professional-standard version of the directshares platform. If you trade 5 times or more in a month you can access directshares Power at no extra cost.
Proactive tax management
Tax Tools Plus and Premium helps estimate your tax liabilities before you incur them and manage your trading throughout the year, so you have a better idea of your potential tax position.
brokerage waived on up to 10 trades*
Open a directshares account before 31 December 2017 and we'll waive the first $50 of brokerage on up to 10 trades* for 30 days. Get started.
* Conditions apply. See below for details:
1. Offer applies to new directshares customers who open a directshares account via the 'Start now' button on this page between between 1 January 2016 and 31 December 2017.
2. Offer only open to residents of Australia and New Zealand.
3. Offer is not available to employees of the Westpac Group or Share Investing Limited or their immediate families.
4. Offer is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
5. Brokerage will be waived for your first 10 online share or ETF trades where the trade value is up to $45,454 and the trade is made within 30 days of your directshares account being opened. Where your trade value for any one of your first 10 online share or ETF trades is over $45,454, the first $50 brokerage (including GST) will be waived for that trade and you will have to pay the additional brokerage at directshares' standard rates. Free brokerage is up to the value of $500 (incl. GST).
6. The $19.95 brokerage rate will apply for the first online trade up to $5,000 and each subsequent online trade up to or equal to $18,000 for that calendar month. For full details, visit rates and fees.
7. You can use most Bank of Melbourne, St.George Bank or BankSA deposit accounts to link to your directshares broking account. If you are unsure if your account is eligible call 1300 133 500. Ineligible accounts include Maxi Saver accounts, Fixed Term accounts, Sense Savings accounts and Business Access Saver accounts.
8. The minimum value of shares you can purchase in one company through directshares is $600, plus brokerage.
9. There are no monthly account-keeping fees or subscription fees in relation to a directshares broking account. An account maintenance fee may apply. For full details visit rates and fees.
10. The offer only applies to ASX-listed equities conducted online through the directshares service, but excludes options, warrants and managed funds.
11. The directshares SharePack is not included in the offer.
12. The offer does not apply to trades that will settle through a margin loan account.
13. The offer does not apply upon failure to settle any trade.
14. We reserve the right to terminate this offer at any time.
15. We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
This information has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation and needs. Because of this, you should, before acting on this information, consider its appropriateness, having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs.
© 2015 the directshares service is provided by Share Investing Limited ABN 93 078 174 973 AFSL 238277, an ASX and Chi-X Australia Market Participant, at the request of St.George Bank - A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (“St.George”). Execution, settlement and clearing is undertaken by Share Investing Limited. St.George does not represent Share Investing Limited. Similarly Share Investing Limited does not represent St.George.
Internet brokerage rates & fees
Brokerage fees depend on the value of the trade and how many trades you’ve made in a calendar month. Our standard brokerage rates (inc. GST) for trading ASX-listed securities via the Internet are:
Trades per calendar month
$19.95 for trade value up to $5000
$24.95 for trade value ranging from $5,001 up to $10,000
$29.95 for trade value ranging from $10,001 up to $28,000
0.11% for trade value greater than $28,000
2nd trade & subsequent
$19.95 for trade value up to $18,000
0.11% for trade value greater than $18,000
How to apply for directshares
^ You can use most St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA deposit accounts to link to your directshares broking account. If you are unsure if your account is eligible call 1300 133 500. Ineligible accounts include Maxi Saver accounts, Fixed Term accounts, Sense Savings accounts and Business Access Saver accounts.