Bank of Melbourne provides disaster relief packages for customers
Bank of Melbourne today announced its Disaster Relief Package is available for customers suffering hardship as a result of the bushfires in Eastern Victoria.
Bank of Melbourne Chief Executive Michelle Winzer said the bank’s Disaster Relief Package offers immediate, practical help to help customers with their finances.
"Our thoughts are with everyone impacted by the Gippsland Region fires. Natural disasters can take an emotional, physical and financial toll, so we’re committed to easing the load by supporting our customers with their financial commitments,” Ms Winzer said.
The Bank of Melbourne Disaster Relief Package offers various options*, including:
- Affected customers with Bank of Melbourne home loans may apply to defer repayments for up to 3 months
- Affected businesses can request loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank fees such as establishment fees and break costs
- Customers wishing to purchase replacement goods may apply for a personal loan at a discounted interest rate with no establishment fee
- Bank of Melbourne may waive interest rate adjustments for affected customers wishing to withdraw term deposits, and
- Affected Bank of Melbourne customers with Home and Contents insurance may be eligible to receive assistance under the terms of their insurance policies for emergency accommodation.
To utilise these special relief measures or for assistance, Bank of Melbourne customers should contact Bank of Melbourne Assist on 1800 600 266 (option 0) or their local Branch Manager. This offer is available for customers to take up until 7 June 2019.
Affected insurance customers can contact Bank of Melbourne on 1300 020 266 to lodge a claim, 24/7.
Our assessors are ready to assist all customers in the worst affected areas. Customers should not put themselves at risk by going into affected areas to retrieve insurance documents or to take photographs. We understand proof of loss may not be possible and we will accept the word of customers in these instances.
*Bank of Melbourne Home & Contents Insurance is issued by Westpac General Insurance Limited (WGIL) ABN 99 003 719 319 (except workers compensation cover where applicable). Bank of Melbourne – a division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 (the Bank) arranges the insurance, but does not guarantee the insurance. This information does not take into account your personal circumstances. Terms, conditions and limitations and exclusions apply. Read the Product Disclosure Statement to see if this insurance is right for you. WGIL is a subsidiary of Westpac Banking Corporation.
*Eligibility and credit criteria, terms and conditions apply. This information has been prepared without taking your objectives, needs and overall financial information into account. For further information or to request the full terms and conditions please contact Bank of Melbourne on the numbers stated above.