Want to save on credit card interest?
If you have an existing credit card balance with another Australian bank, financial institution or store card, then you may consider transferring the balance to Bank of Melbourne to save money on interest.
To find out about our current balance transfer offers.
- 0% p.a. interest on balance transfers means you can focus on paying off your credit card balance without accruing interest on the transferred amount for a fixed period.
- Take out a new Bank of Melbourne credit card and ask to learn more about our 0% p.a. balance transfer offers when you apply.
See how much you could save
Transferring your balance is easy
Balance Transfer FAQs
Conditions and fees apply. Credit criteria apply to all credit products
Before making a decision, it's best to read the terms and conditions.
- Credit Card Conditions of Use
- Credit Card Accounts Fees and Charges
- Credit Card Complimentary Insurance Terms and Conditions
Please read these documents and keep a copy. You can request a paper copy at a branch.
Existing Bank of Melbourne credit card customers can request a balance transfer from another store, charge or non-St.George, non-Bank SA and non-Bank of Melbourne credit card to their existing Bank of Melbourne credit card account. Balance(s) transferred will be at the special balance transfer rate of 2.99% p.a. for 12 months. Rate then switches to variable purchase rate.
The promotional balance transfer rates are available when you apply for a new Bank of Melbourne Vertigo, Vertigo Platinum or No Annual Fee credit card between 3rd May 2017 and 20th September 2017 and request at application to transfer balance(s) from up to 3 non-St.George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA Australian issued credit, charge or store cards. The promotional rate will apply to any balance(s) transferred (min $200 up to 95% of your approved available credit limit) for the promotional period, unless the amount is paid off earlier. The variable purchase rate will apply to balance(s) transferred but left unpaid after the end of the promotional period. Switches, upgrades, customers accessing employee benefits or packaged cards are ineligible. Promotional rate not available in conjunction with any special offer not listed on www.stgeorge.com.au. Interest free days don’t apply to balance transfers.
2. The variable purchase interest rate applies to balance transfers requested at any other time. You can transfer up to two balances from another store or credit card to your Bank of Melbourne credit card provided you meet the minimum requirements for balance transfers.