Online Income Verification Terms and Conditions
You consent to us collecting account and transaction information for accounts with your selected financial institution for which information can be accessed through the financial institution’s online services (Account Information Collection).
We agree to only use the account and transaction information we collect through Account Information Collection to attempt to:
- identify the accounts for which information can be accessed through your financial institution’s online services (so that you can nominate the accounts into which your income is credited);
- verify the names in which those accounts are held;
- verify your ongoing income and employment status as part of assessing your eligibility to obtain credit from us; and
- prepopulate information into future credit applications you may make.
3. Other financial institution terms and conditions
In establishing accounts with another financial institution and using the online services they provide you may have agreed to one or more sets of terms and conditions. These terms and conditions could relate to the particular accounts you have with the other financial institution or the use of their website or online services. These other financial institution terms and conditions may contain provisions relevant to you permitting us to engage in Account Information Collection.
You should check these other financial institution terms and conditions to ensure that you do not breach them by permitting us to engage in Account Information Collection.
4. Limitations on our liability
We take no responsibility (and are not liable) for:
- Account Information Collection not being possible or being delayed for any reason;
- us not being able to verify (or a delay in verifying) your ongoing income or employment status by means of Account Information Collection for any reason; or
- you permitting us to engage in Account Information Collection resulting in you breaching any terms and conditions you have agreed with your other financial institution (refer to section 3).
5. Service providers
In undertaking Account Information Collection we may use service providers, but where we do so, we take responsibility for their conduct as if it were our own conduct. We will ensure that they do not retain any of your personal information as a result of providing services to us in connection with Account Information Collection.
6. Other applicable terms and conditions
These terms and conditions are in addition to the Bank of Melbourne Online Banking – Terms and Conditions (PDF 296KB) and the terms and conditions for any product for which you are applying.
'We', 'our', 'us' means Bank of Melbourne and all Westpac Banking Corporation entities ABN 33 007 457 141.