Looking for a Car Loan
If you’re looking to buy your first car, upgrade to a newer or bigger model, you might want to consider a secure car loan. You can use the car you buy as security for the loan, which means you’ll get the benefit of a considerably lower interest rate than you might with an unsecured loan.
Secured Personal Loan
- Fixed interest rates from % p.a. (comparison rates from % p.a.3) for the life of your loan
- A lower interest rate, where we accept your car as security1
- Borrow from $3,000 up to $80,000
- Apply online and receive a response in 60 seconds6
|Secured Personal Loan||Variable Rate option2||Fixed Rate option|
|Interest rate from||% p.a.||% p.a.|
|Comparison rate3||% p.a.||% p.a.|
|Loan term||1 to 7 years||1 to 5 years|
|Monthly administration fee||$9||$9|
|Flexibility to pay off the loan sooner5|
|Convenient redraw facility4|
|Other Fees and Charges||Personal Loan Fees and Charges|
|Interest rates||Secure Personal Loan interest rates|
Conditions, fees and credit criteria apply.
Before making a decision, it's best to read the terms and conditions:
The advice on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this or any advice, please consider if it's right for you. If you need help, call 13 22 66.
1. To qualify for a lower interest rate, any motor vehicle offered as security must not be more than 12 years old upon loan expiry. The vehicle used as security must be registered under the applicant's name. If the vehicle is registered in joint names, the loan application must be under joint names. Initial rate indications quoted prior to full Loan-to-valuation ratio being completed may change dependant on the valuation of security offered.
2. For new loans approved on or after 8 April 2011.
3. The comparison rate is based on a loan of $30,000 and 5 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate.
4. Redraw requests are subject to our approval. Minimum redraw amount $500 and a redraw fee applies for each approved request. Other fees and charges may be payable.
5. Pre-payment fees apply. Break costs are payable on early payout or partial payment (in excess of the limit set out in the loan terms and conditions) of a fixed rate loan. Break costs are an amount equal to the Bank’s reasonable estimate of its loss due to breaking of the fixed rate period or early repayment of a fixed rate personal loan.
6. Subject to system availability and Bank of Melbourne Lending criteria. Approval may take longer if application is referred for further review.
7. Excludes government charges such as stamp duty, search fees, fee for registration of security interest with the Personal Property Securities Register or any other disbursements, wherever these are applicable.