Secured Personal Loan
Why choose our Secured Personal Loan?
- A variable interest rate10 for the flexibility to make extra repayments
- A fixed rate for the stability and peace of mind of predictable repayments
- Choose your repayment frequency- weekly, fortnightly or monthly
- Borrow from $3,000 up to $80,000
- Choose your loan term
- 1 to 7 years for variable interest rate loans
- 1 to 5 years for fixed interest rate loans
- Internet banking9 to track your repayments
- Redraw your funds3 (variable interest rates only)
Rates and fees
How it works
A secured personal loan uses your car as security, so you can enjoy a lower interest rate2.
Have you got questions about applying?
How to apply in 4 easy steps
in 10 minutes (5 minutes for existing customer)
Send through supporting documents
if required, and we'll review your application.
Sign your contract
If approved, you'll need to review and sign the contract.
Access your funds
We'll release your funds based on your instructions.
Apply online in 10 minutes and get a response in 60 seconds1
Other ways to apply
You can also apply over the phone or in branch.
Still not sure?
Use our helpful tools to compare our personal loans.
Credit criteria, fees, charges, terms and conditions apply.
Before making a decision, it's best to read the terms and conditions.
The advice on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this or any advice, please consider if it's right for you. If you need help, call 13 22 66.
1. Actual completion time may vary depending on your internet connection and other factors. All applications are subject to Bank of Melbourne lending criteria.
2. To qualify for a lower interest rate, any motor vehicle offered as security must not be more than 12 years old upon loan expiry. The vehicle used as security must be registered under the applicant's name. If the vehicle is registered in joint names, the loan application must be under joint names.
3. Redraw requests are subject to our approval. Minimum redraw amount $500 and a redraw fee applies for each approved request. Other fees and charges may be payable.
4. The comparison rate for Secured Personal Loan is based on a secured loan of $30,000 over a term of 5 years. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate."
5. Bank of Melbourne Personal Credit Protect is issued by Swann Insurance (Aust) Pty Ltd ABN 80 000 886 680 (who issues the Involuntary Unemployment cover and the Disablement cover) and St.George Life Limited ABN 88 076 763 936 (who issues the Death cover). Bank of Melbourne – A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 distributes the insurance, but does not guarantee the insurance. St.George Life Limited is a subsidiary of the Bank. This information is general only and does not take into account your personal circumstances. Read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement, available at Bank of Melbourne Personal Credit Protect, to see if this insurance is right for you.
6. Excludes government charges such as stamp duty, search fees, fee for registration of security interest with the Personal Property Securities Register or any other disbursements, wherever these are applicable.
7. Initial rate indications quoted prior to full Loan-to-valuation ratio being completed may change dependant on the valuation of security offered.
8. Interest rate applicable to new loans approved on or after 15th June 2015.
9. This information does not take into account your financial needs, individual circumstances or objectives. Read the Online Banking Terms and Conditions before making a decision and consider whether the product is appropriate for you.
10. Interest rates are subject to change (and margins may apply).