Find information to make your tax return easier
Use Internet and Mobile Banking to easily find information to complete your tax return.
Check your interest:
Access your interest charged or earned from previous financial years:
- Log on to Internet Banking: Manage my accounts > Financial year's interest
- Open the Mobile Banking app: Services > View financial year's interest
Look up your history or transactions
Your banking information is stored securely and available to access anytime. Find previous transactions1 you may record or claim.
- Access past eStatements online to find up to 7 years' history of payments for eligible accounts.
- Track your credit card spending: your transaction history is automatically sorted into spending "categories" to help you enter your deductions.
- Search your past transactions by date, description or amount.
Don't have your Access Number or other logon details?
Other ways to get ready for tax time.
- Set up an email or SMS deposit alert to monitor your account and notify you of a transaction or your expected return.
- Save, print or export account transaction histories to your computer.
- Download or print an account summary of your balances or a statement of recent transactions on letterhead. Find out more about Proof of Balance or Account History.
How to submit your tax return
Online tax return
The ATO provides myTax for straightforward returns. It can prefill a range of data (from banks, employers, government agencies etc.), and you can simply review, amend or add missing details, then submit. Plus, myTax can be accessed via tablets, smartphones as well as computers.
Before lodging an e-tax return, you need to create a myGov account and link it to the ATO.
Paper tax return
The standard paper-based return can be ordered from the ATO. Complete and submit it with any required documents by mail. Refunds can take up to 50 business days after lodgement to be issued.
Using a tax agent
Employing the skills and knowledge of a registered tax agent or accountant could be money well spent– please check with your tax agent or accountant. Just make sure they're officially registered with the Tax Practitioners Board.
How to track your tax return
The ATO has developed an app for Windows, Android™ and iOS to help track progress of your return, you can learn more from their website.
Don't have Internet or Mobile Banking?
If you need to set up Internet Banking, you can register by calling 1300 555 203, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Once you have registered, you can download the apps here:
This information should be used as a guide only. It does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and you should consider its appropriateness before acting on it. We recommend that you seek independent legal and tax advice about your specific circumstances.
Before using Internet and Phone Banking, please read the Bank of Melbourne Terms and Conditions for Internet Banking and Phone Banking.
1. Transaction history - The amount of transactions you can view when choosing the 'All Transactions' or 'date range' options varies depending on your statement cycle and the number of transactions you’ve performed during that cycle period. Find out more.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. Windows is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and other countries.
© 2017 Bank of Melbourne – A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141