Make tax time less taxing
With Internet or Mobile Banking, it’s easy to find the information to help you complete your 2016 tax return.
View your interest charged or earned for the last financial year:
- Internet Banking: Manage my accounts > Financial year’s interest
- Mobile Banking app: Services > Your Accounts > View financial year’s interest
- Access and print 2 years of eStatements
- Save, print or export account transaction histories to your computer
- Set up an email or SMS deposit alert for your expected return
- Register now for Internet or Mobile Banking by calling us on 1300 555 203, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Reset your password here if you’ve lost your details.
Ways to submit your tax return
Online tax return
The ATO provides myTax for fairly straightforward returns. It can prefill a range of data (from banks, employers, government agencies etc.) and you can simply review, amend or add missing details, then submit. Plus, myTax can be accessed via tablets, smartphones as well as computers.
Before lodging an online return, you need to create a myGov account and link it to the ATO.
Paper tax return
The standard paper-based return can be ordered from the ATO. Complete and submit with any required documents by mail. Refunds can take up to 50 business days after lodgement to be issued.
Using a tax agent
Employing the skills and knowledge of a registered tax agent or accountant could be money well spent– please check with your tax agent or accountant. Just make sure they're officially registered with the Tax Practitioners Board.
How to track your tax return
The ATO has developed an app for Windows, Android™ and iOS to help track progress of your return, you can learn more from their website.
Key financial year dates
- 30 June 2016 – end of the financial year
- 31 October 2016 – general cut-off date for submitting your tax return yourself
Helpful links at tax time
This information does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs and so you should consider its appropriateness having regard to these factors before acting on it.
Any tax related information we provide should be used as a guide only. We recommend that you seek independent professional legal and tax advice about your specific circumstances.
Before using Internet and Phone Banking, please read the Bank of Melbourne Terms and Conditions for Internet Banking and Phone Banking.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
© Bank of Melbourne – A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141
Read the disclosure documents.