Bank of Melbourne Secure
With Bank of Melbourne you can rest assured that your banking is safe and secure using either the Phone or Internet.
That's because we safeguard your information and money with stringent security measures on both our Internet and Phone Banking services.
In the unlikely event that an unauthorised transaction does occur (and it is clear you have not contributed to the losses*), Bank of Melbourne will refund the full amount.
Internet Banking is now safer than ever with our Secure Code service. The Secure Code service sends a unique code to your mobile phone or nominated landline telephone to authenticate certain types of Internet Banking transactions.
- Enjoy peace of mind online. This level of security further prevents unauthorised access to your accounts and lowers your risk of identify theft and fraud.
- It’s fast, flexible and convenient. Choose to have the Secure Code sent to your mobile phone or landline telephone and you will receive it in seconds.
- It’s free. We will not charge you for the phone call or receipt of the SMS.
Using the Secure Code service
Using the Secure Code service is easy. Follow these tips for the best experience.
- Use only current Australian mobile and landline numbers
- Provide all three contact numbers (Home, Work and Mobile) so you can continue to bank online, wherever you are
When requesting a Secure Code you will be asked to select your preferred delivery method and number (an SMS to your mobile phone or a voice call to your landline telephone) for that particular Internet Banking transaction.
- A mobile number is ideal, as it travels with you
A Secure Code can be sent to your Australian mobile phone number wherever you are, even overseas if you have global roaming activated.
- Do not use switchboard or fax numbers
Please ensure the numbers provided are a direct line to you.
- Protect your Secure Code like you would a password or a PIN and never give it to anyone else.
All Internet Banking customers can enjoy the increased protection that the Secure Code Service delivers. If you are a Business customer, you will need to nominate one Work landline phone number or one Mobile phone number to receive the Secure Code. Please do not use switchboard or fax numbers.
Download our Apps
* Subject to the account's terms and conditions of use.