If you've just moved to Australia, we've got a range of bank accounts that could suit your savings needs. Some savings accounts give you easy access to your cash by transferring it to your linked everyday account (just use Internet or Mobile Banking). Other accounts could reward you for making regular contributions to your savings.
Save faster with a competitive interest online savings account.
- New customers can earn a 0.30% p.a. introductory 3 month variable rate, which includes a 0.25% p.a. fixed bonus interest rate1
- No monthly service fee2.
Earn a secure return on your savings.
- Earn competitive interest rates on balances between $1000 and $20000003
- Interest calculated daily and can be paid at maturity, annually, half-yearly or monthly.
Whatever your needs in Australia, our experienced planners can advise on a range of solutions that could help you achieve your financial goals.
How to apply?
Fees and charges apply.
1. If you open a Maxi Saver account and you have not held a Maxi Saver Account before and you are a personal customer, you'll earn an introductory fixed bonus rate of 0.25% p.a. on top of the standard variable interest rate for 3 months from the date your account is opened.
2. Maxi Saver has no monthly account service fee but other fees and charges apply, including for branch access. To hold a Maxi Saver account you must also hold an eligible Bank of Melbourne working account in the same name or have an existing eligible Bank of Melbourne joint account with your name included in the title. Fees and charges may be payable on your eligible working account.
3. Read the terms and conditions and Important Information Document at bankofmelbourne.com.au before making a decision and consider whether the product is appropriate for you. Customers must provide a minimum of 31 days' notice to access funds prior to maturity (except in cases of hardship). If the deposit or any part of it is withdrawn early, an interest rate adjustment will normally apply.
Before making a decision, read the terms and conditions and decide whether the product is appropriate for you.
- Transaction, Savings and Investment Accounts: Terms and Conditions (incorporating fees and charges)
- Interest rates
- Fixed Term Accounts Term Deposits Terms and Conditions and General Information
- Important Information Document
- Fixed Term Deposits interest rates
Special rates will apply for a single term. Standard Term Deposit rates may apply for any subsequent term. Special rates are not available for corporate, institutional or government customers.
Please read these documents and keep a copy. You can request a paper copy at a branch.
The advice on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this or any advice, please consider if it’s right for you. If you need help, call 13 22 66.