Making an international payment
What details do I need?
- Recipient's full name
- Home address
- Account name
- Recipient's bank account number or International Bank Account Number (IBAN)
- SWIFT/BIC code of their bank
How much does it cost?
We charge a transaction fee for international payments made in Business Banking Online.
- $10 to make an international payment in foreign currency^
- $20 to make an international payment in Australian Dollars^
How long does it take?
International payments usually take two to five business days to reach the recipient. However, it may take longer depending on the country and receiving bank.
Currencies available include
- United States Dollars (USD)
- Great Britain Pounds (GBP)
- New Zealand Dollars (NZD)
- Euros (EUR)
- Japanese Yen (JPY)
The international payment amount will be converted using our current foreign exchange rates. We will quote the exact rate when you make the payment, in the meantime you can check our indicative rates.
Receiving an international payment
What do I need to do?
You'll need to provide the sender with:
- Bank name: Bank of Melbourne
- SWIFT/BIC code: SGBLAU2S
- Branch address
- BSB number
- Account number
- Account name
How much does it cost?
We charge a transaction fee of $15 and you'll also need to factor in any overseas bank charges.
IBANs are not used in Australia. However, payers in certain countries may require you to provide one. In that case, your BSB and account number should be combined. Do not include any spaces or hyphens.
Receiving money from the USA
If you are receiving money from a bank in the USA, your payer may be asked to enter the Routing Number, which is: 021 000 021.
Investigating, cancelling or amending an international payment
|Our fees||Amount||When it's charged|
|Investigation of sent payment||$25 plus any overseas bank charges||Per investigation|
|Cancellation||$25 plus any overseas bank charges||Per request|
|Amendment of payment instructions
||$15 plus any overseas bank charges*
Make payments now
Already have access?
Log in and start transacting now.
Complete the form below and fax it to (03) 9982 4183 or take it into your local branch.
The information on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before deciding to acquire or hold a product, please read the Terms and Conditions and/or Product Disclosure Statements:
- Business Accounts and Payment Services Terms and Conditions and General Information
- Business Accounts and Payment Services Fees and Charges and how to minimise them
- Corporate and Business Accounts and Payment Services Terms and Conditions and General Information
- Corporate and Business Accounts and Payment Services Fees and Charges and how to minimise them
- Corporate and Business Accounts Interest rates at a glance
Consider if the product is appropriate for you. The Terms and Conditions and/or Product Disclosure Statements are important and we encourage you to review, save and print them. You can request a paper copy at a branch.
* Where telegraphic transfer was purchased via Business Banking Online.
^ In order to facilitate your payment, overseas banks may convert the payment or impose additional fees or charges. For further information on these charges, please contact us on 1300 726 228 option 4 during Monday to Friday between 8:00am to 6:00pm AEST. Any overseas financial institution handling charges will by default be borne by the recipient of the International Payment and deducted from the payment amount, unless otherwise organised. We may receive commissions or other benefits from other financial institutions. It is possible that the overseas bank could convert the currency of the payment at an unfavourable exchange rate. You should inform the beneficiary that, if this occurs, they should consider rejecting the payment immediately so the payment can be unwound at the prevailing exchange rate.
If you do not want the currency to be converted, please insert the words "Do Not Convert" in the description details free text box when you are making an international payment and we will on-forward this instruction.