Borrowing for a holiday
Are you planning a romantic get-away, honeymoon, a trip around the world or that short trip to unwind? Besides planning the trip, planning how to finance a holiday is a challenge.
With different terms and the choice of a fixed or a variable interest rate, a personal loan is a great way to finance your holiday or honeymoon. You can tailor your loan to suit your needs or lifestyle. Planning the finances of your holiday should not be stressful!
Suggested personal loans for holiday and travel expenses
- A convenient redraw facility on our variable interest rate option
- Fixed interest rates from 9.99% p.a.3 (comparison rates from 11.08% p.a.1) for the life of your loan
- Choose the term of your Unsecured Personal Loan - from 1 to 7 years.
- Access to your funds whenever you need without reapplying, up to an approved limit
- Only pay interest on your outstanding balance, not the assigned credit limit
- 24 hour access to funds via Internet Banking or Phone Banking2
- Great variable interest rate of 17.00% p.a.
Conditions, fees and credit criteria apply.
Before making a decision, it's best to read the terms and conditions:
- Personal Loan Terms and Conditions
- Personal Loan Fees and Charges
- Secured and Unsecured Personal Loans
The advice on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this or any advice, please consider if it's right for you. If you need help, call 13 22 66.
1. Comparison rates: Comparison rates help you understand the true cost of a loan. All comparison rate examples shown are for a personal loan amount of $30,000 and a term of 5 years. WARNING: Comparison rates apply only to the example or examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different loan amounts and terms will result in different comparison rates. Costs such as redraw fees or early repayment fees, and cost savings such as fee waivers, are not included in the comparison rate but may influence the cost of the loan.
Our personalised pricing means the interest rate on an approved application may vary, based on the information you provided and our credit assessment criteria. Personalised pricing interest rates are from 9.99% p.a. to 15.90% p.a. Rates may change and margins may apply in some circumstances. Your loan is more likely to be approved if you’ve been with Bank of Melbourne for six months or more.
Unsecured Personal Loan repayment terms range from 1 to 5 years for a fixed rate loan and 1 to 7 years for a variable rate loan. Interest rate ranges and representative examples are based on an unsecured loan of $30,000 borrowed for 5 years:
- The minimum interest rate for an unsecured fixed rate loan is 9.99% p.a. (Comparison rate 11.08% p.a.) with the estimated total amount payable including fees is $39,204.
- The maximum interest rate for an unsecured fixed rate loan is 15.90% p.a. (Comparison rate 16.95% p.a.) with the estimated total amount payable including fees is $44,681.
- The minimum interest rate for an unsecured variable rate loan is 12.99% p.a. (Comparison rate 14.06% p.a.) with the estimated total amount payable including fees is $41,932.
- The maximum interest rate for an unsecured variable rate loan is 18.90% p.a. (comparison rate 19.93% p.a.). The estimated total amount payable including fees is $47,617.
2. Subject to system availability.
3. 1.5% p.a. interest rate discount: Information correct as at 19 August 2020. Offer is only available to a customer who applies by 30 September 2020 and is approved for a new fixed rate Bank of Melbourne Unsecured Personal Loan application via the ‘Apply online’ application link, by calling 13 22 66, or by visiting a branch. Eligible customers will receive a special offer interest rate of from 9.99% p.a. (comparison rate 11.08% p.a.^) on a fixed rate Bank of Melbourne Unsecured Personal Loan, which represents a 1.5% discount on the current advertised from rate of from 11.49% p.a. (comparison rate 12.57% p.a.^). This offer is open to single applicants only. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and may be varied or withdrawn at any time. All other fees outlined on bankofmelbourne.com.au/personal/personal-loans/unsecured-loan. Read the product Terms and Conditions, including the Internet and Phone Banking Terms and Conditions before making a decision and consider whether the product is appropriate for you. If you need help, call 13 22 66.