Thanks for choosing to bank with Bank of Melbourne. To get up and running, simply follow the checklist below and, if you need any help at any time, just call us on 13 22 66 or visit your local branch.
Confirm your identity
If you've already done this, just skip this step. If not, you'll be able to deposit but not withdraw from your account until you have confirmed your identity.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Collect the documents you need.
- Verify your identity at any Bank of Melbourne branch or complete online (only applicable for customers who received an email advising they can confirm their ID online).
- Have your Customer Access Number and the documents you need handy.
- Login to Internet Banking.
- Select Verify Now to confirm your ID.
If you have not registered for internet banking please refer to Step 2. Set up Internet Banking.
Confirm in Person
Set up Internet Banking
It’s the secure, convenient way to stay in control of your finances.
Register for Internet Banking
- You can register online and you’ll need your activated card or account number and your mobile phone number.
- You can register via the Bank of Melbourne Mobile Banking by tapping on Register.
- You can register at your nearest branch.
- You register by calling 1300 555 203 or from outside Australia +61 2 9155 7800, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Already registered for Internet Banking
- If you have registered for Internet Banking during your online application, you’ll need your Customer Access Number and Temporary Password to activate your Internet Banking.
- If you have registered for Internet Banking through a Branch or over the phone, you’ll need your Customer Access Number, Temporary Password and Temporary Security Number to login to Internet Banking.
- If your temporary password and security number have expired select Forgotten when you try to login to Internet Banking. You’ll need your Customer Access Number to reset your Security Number and Internet Password.
Set up Mobile Banking
Mobile Banking gives you many different ways to conveniently access and control your accounts wherever you are, 24 hours a day.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Download the app.
- Log in using your Customer Access Number and password.
- Enjoy controlling all your banking needs right from your phone.
Download our apps
Activate your card
Switch to eStatements
Switch from paper statements to eStatements to keep your details safer and your letterbox clutter-free.
Switch to enjoy:
- Security: No physical copies - protects you from identity theft.
- Simplicity: Email notifications when statements are ready.
- Convenience: Access to 7 years of statements makes it easy to keep track of your accounts.
By moving to eStatements for one or more of your accounts, you agree to stop receiving paper statements. An email will be sent to you whenever a new eStatement is available in Internet Banking. If you have a joint account, paper statements will be sent unless all owners have opted in (and remain opted in) to receive eStatements for the account. You agree whilst receiving eStatements we may send you notifications of important changes to your accounts (including terms and conditions) electronically. An email will be sent to you whenever a notification is available in the Message Centre. Make sure you keep your email details up to date and check your email regularly for messages from us. You can change your preferences for eStatements (which includes account notifications) at any time in Internet Banking, by phoning 1300 555 203 or in branch. eStatements may also include important information about your accounts.
iPhone, iMessage, Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Android and Google Play are each a trademark of Google Inc.
Read the Bank of Melbourne Internet and Phone Banking Terms and Conditions at www.bankofmelbourne.com.au before making a decision and consider whether the product is appropriate for you. Internet connection is needed to access the Bank of Melbourne Internet Banking or the Mobile Banking app and standard data charges apply.
Bank of Melbourne Protect Security advice: Legitimate Bank of Melbourne emails do not include links to login pages, or ask for your personal information, account details, PIN or passwords. For more information, visit bankofmelbourne.com.au/hoaxemails. Before accessing emails on the Internet, always ensure your computer has up-to-date security software. Find tips to protect yourself and avoid scams and viruses at bankofmelbourne.com.au/security.
© 2018 Bank of Melbourne - A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714. The Westpac Group, 275 Kent Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, AUSTRALIA