Starting your business
Our Business ToolBox has a selection of handy information and tools to help set up your new business.
We want your business to thrive. We understand that you need to invest time in planning your operations and determining your vision. This will help you decide where you want to take your business it in the short, medium and long term as well as how to get the most out of the resources you have.
Our Business Guides provide advice for starting a successful business.
They also cover a range of topics including:
- Planning, people, cash flow, growth, investments and expanding into e-business
- How to conduct your own free business health check
- Understanding business better, so you can take your business where you want it to go.
The How to start a business guide covers the essentials for starting a new business. Topics include:
- Preparing to open your business
- Registering your business name
- Business structure
- Your business plan
- Start-up and on-going costs
- Your finance options
- Taxation, legal and compliance checklist.
We also have information on helping you define your business vision and writing a business plan.