Home loans - Interest rate news
Changes to our variable interest rates
Effective on 16 December 2016, Bank of Melbourne will be increasing the following variable rates:
- Interest Only Owner Occupier Home Loan variable rate: by 0.08% to 5.34% per annum (comparison rate 5.51% per annum*)
- Interest Only Residential Investment Home Loan variable rate: by 0.08% to 5.59% per annum (comparison rate 5.76% per annum*)
- Interest Only Super Fund Home Loan variable rate: by 0.43% to 5.94% per annum (comparison rate 6.19% per annum*)
- Principal & Interest Super Fund Home Loan variable rate: by 0.35% to 5.82% per annum (comparison rate 6.07% per annum*)
- Portfolio Loan rate: by 0.15% to 5.71% per annum.
Our interest rates are constantly under review, as market and economic conditions change.
Switching from interest only to principal and interest repayments
We are offering lower interest rates to customers who make principal and interest repayments to encourage them to pay down their debt and own their home faster.
If you wish to pay your home loan sooner by switching to principal and interest repayments, you can do so by contacting us on 13 22 66 and we’ll talk through your options.
Customers with an Advantage Package can switch at any point in time at no additional cost.
Impact on my repayments?
Variable Interest Rate Home Loans
If you are currently paying interest only repayments on your home loan
Your repayments are adjusted automatically. The repayments will change from the first repayment date after the interest rate change becomes effective.
If you are currently paying principal and interest repayments on your home loan
For customers with a Super Fund Home Loan making principal and interest repayments, contractual repayments are adjusted and letters will be sent to our customers. These will detail both the new minimum monthly repayment amount and the date the new repayment commences, ensuring there is time for our customers to adjust arrangements.
*Comparison rates are based on a loan of $150,000 over a term of 25 years.
WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate.