Prestige Motor Insurance
- Choose from three levels of cover – Comprehensive, Third Party Property Damage, Fire & Theft, Third Party Property Damage
- Take advantage of flexible payment options and pay monthly at no extra cost
As a comprehensive policy holder, you may also be entitled to a new replacement vehicle if your vehicle is less than 2 years old and suffers a total loss.
Choose from three levels of cover to suit your needs:
This is the highest level of protection. It includes cover of your insured vehicle for loss or damage caused by fire, theft, accidents and malicious damage.
Third Party Property Damage Fire & Theft
Cover for your insured vehicle as a result of loss or damage by fire or theft. It also covers legal liability for loss or damage to someone else's property caused by a motor vehicle accident which is partly or fully the driver’s fault.
Third Party Property Damage
Covers legal liability up to $20 million for loss or damage to someone else's property caused by a motor vehicle accident which is partly or fully the driver’s fault.
The table below provides a summary of the key features and benefits which may assist in finding car insurance to suit your needs.
Conditions apply and so you should read the Product Disclosure Statement (‘PDS’) for Prestige Motor Insurance (PDF 1mb) for full terms and conditions.
Third Party Fire & Theft
Third Party Property Damage
|This is the highest level of motor insurance available.||Covers you if you damage other people's property and you're legally liable for the accident. Insures your car if it's damaged by fire or stolen.||Covers you if you damage other people's property and you're legally liable for the accident.|
|Accidental loss or damage to vehicle|
|Replacement of your new car (including on road costs) following a total loss if your car is within its first two years of original registration if your car was purchased new by you.|
|Loss or damage caused by storm or malicious damage|
|Emergency repairs to get you home if your car is involved in an accident, is damaged or stolen||Up to $500|
|14 day car rental following theft|
|Legal liability, including supplementary bodily injury up to $20 million|
|Loss or damage caused by fire or theft||Up to a market value of $5,000|
|Personal effects and clothing damaged in an accident or stolen from your locked vehicle||Up to $500|
|Emergency accommodation||Up to $400|
|Transportation costs if your vehicle cannot be driven home following an accident||Up to $400|
|Towing costs for your car following an accident|
|Towing costs following fire or theft|
|Legal liability cover for loss and damage while using a registered substitute vehicle. Up to $20 million|
|Legal costs in defending claims covered by the policy|
If your car is stolen or maliciously damaged
Call the police if your car is stolen or maliciously damaged. You may need to provide us with the name of the police officer and police station where you made the report.
If you are involved in an accident
- Do not admit to anyone involved that you were at fault
- Call 1800 825 866 as soon as possible
- Write down the full names, addresses and phone numbers of all drivers, passengers and witnesses involved
- Take all reasonable steps to prevent any further loss or damage from occurring
- Write down the vehicle registration numbers and insurance details of all vehicles involved and gather any other evidence or information to support your claim (such as medical certificates and reports)
You may need to provide us with this information when making a claim.
Insurance claim help
If you need assistance with your claim, call 1800 825 866 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to speak to a claims officer.
Prestige Motor Insurance is issued by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850. Bank of Melbourne - a Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 - distributes the insurance, but does not guarantee the insurance.
- How you can access the personal information Bank of Melbourne holds about you and ask for it to be corrected;
- How you can complain about a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or a registered Code by Bank of Melbourne and how Bank of Melbourne will deal with your complaint; and
- How Bank of Melbourne collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in more detail.
© Bank of Melbourne - A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.