If you're involved in an accident
- Don’t admit to anyone involved that you were at fault
- Call us on 1800 825 866 as soon as possible
- Write down the full names, addresses and phone numbers of all drivers, passengers and witness involved
- Take all reasonable steps to prevent any further loss or damage from occurring
- Write down the vehicle registration numbers and insurance details of all vehicles involved and gather any other evidence or information to support your claim (such as medical certificates and reports)
- The insurer will advise you about any other aspects of the claims procedure which apply (this information can also be found in the policy terms and conditions)
You may need to provide us with this information when making a claim.
If your car is stolen or maliciously damaged
You must call the police if your car is stolen or maliciously damaged. You may need to provide the name of the police officer and police stations where you made the report.