We have a proud history of supporting our customers, communities and employees in the face of natural disasters such as bushfires, storms, floods or severe weather events.
Call our customer helpline on 1800 600 266 Monday - Friday 8:00am – 8:00pm (AEST), Saturday 9:00am – 5:00pm (AEST).
Disaster Relief Package
Depending on the nature of disasters, our Disaster Relief Packages generally include:
Home Loans and insurance customers
- Affected customers with Bank of Melbourne home loans may apply to defer repayments for up to three months.
- Affected Bank of Melbourne customers with Home and Contents insurance may be eligible to receive assistance including emergency funds and temporary accommodation. Contact us to find out if you are eligible or to make a claim.
- Affected Bank of Melbourne customers may be eligible to receive waivers to their monthly premiums.
Credit Cards and Personal Loans
- Affected credit card customers may apply to defer repayments to their card for up to 90 days.
- Customers wishing to purchase replacement goods may apply for a personal loan at a discounted interest rate with no establishment fee.
- Customers experiencing severe hardship may also be offered a halt on all interest accrual on unsecured credit products for a period of up to three months.
- Bank of Melbourne will waive interest rate adjustments for affected customers wishing to withdraw term deposits.
- Affected businesses with existing loans can request for loan restructuring without incurring the usual bank establishment fees.
- Affected business customers with merchant facilities are eligible to receive assistance including monthly terminal access fee refunds for up to three months. Contact us to find out if you are eligible on 1300 603 266 Monday - Friday 8am–6pm (AEST).
Call our customer helpline on 1800 600 266 Monday - Friday 8:00am – 8:00pm (AEST), Saturday 9:00am – 5:00pm (AEST) or visit your local Bank of Melbourne branch to discuss your circumstances and the financial relief available to you.