Here are four innovative ways to take care of your cash - literally at the touch of your fingers:
1. Log in using just your fingerprint
In a world-first for a major financial institution, you can log in to Bank of Melbourne mobile banking using just your fingerprint. There’s no need to enter your sign in details, so it makes banking on the move superfast and easy.
You can set up Touch ID in minutes. Once you have, every time you want to login to your mobile banking using your compatible device1, you’ll just need to press your fingerprint to the screen.
And just like putting in your security number and password on a desktop, we are committed to protecting you from fraud even when using your fingerprint to login.
2. It's payback time...
When it comes time to split a restaurant bill or put in for a present - or any time you need to manage money with friends - it can be a bit of a hassle getting the exact amount of cash to friends.
With Pay to Mobile, you can use the Bank of Melbourne app on your phone to pay someone quickly and easily - no matter what the amount. All you need is their mobile number (they'll also need to have an Australian bank account) and the rest is easy. There's no need to get their account details and no need to worry about having cash on you when you go out. How easy will that making splitting the bill next time?
Once you've made the payment, the person being paid gets an SMS, so you don't even need to let them know. Simple.
3. Find out your balance fast
About to make a purchase and not sure if you’ve got enough funds in your account? What about a super-quick way to track your savings progress whenever you need?
Now you can find out instantly with just a quick swipe. With Quick Balance you can find out the balance of your transaction or savings account with just a single swipe on our Mobile Banking app - there's no need to log in first and you can view up to two eligible accounts.
4. Lost your card? Lock it up!
Ever had that sense of dread when you can't find your card? The racing heart and the sweating palms? Relax. You can use the Bank of Melbourne app on your phone to put a temporary block on your debit card or credit card. Then when you find you card again, simply unblock it - too easy.
And if your card is lost or been stolen, you can let us know via the app and arrange to have it replaced.
Conditions and fees apply.
Before making a decision, it’s best to read the terms and conditions.
- Transaction, Savings & Investment Accounts - Banking Services Terms and Conditions and General Information
- Transaction, Savings & Investment Accounts - Fees & Charges and How to Minimise Them
- Interest rates
- Before using Internet or Phone Banking, please read the Terms and Conditions and before using Mobile or Tablet Banking, please read our Mobile Banking Terms and Conditions.
1. Fingerprint login is available on iPhone 5s, 6 and 6 Plus using iOS8 and above.
2. To be eligible for a Visa Debit Card, you must have an Australian residential address and be over 14 years of age.