A Bank of Melbourne transaction account is a great way to take care of your day-to-day banking needs.
Handy features include:
- Easy access to your cash at multilingual ATMs (8 languages to choose from)
- Shop securely online with your own money using a Visa Debit card (backed up by the Bank of Melbourne Fraud Money Back guarantee)2
- Mobile and Internet Banking, so you can look after your money anywhere, anytime.
Everyday bank account
Our Complete Freedom account is an everyday bank account that gives you easy access to your cash the way that suits you.
Visa Debit card
A Visa Debit card gives you convenient and secure card access to your money in Australia and overseas.
- You can shop securely online, at home, over the phone, or overseas. Use your own money from your account (not credit from a credit card) wherever Visa is accepted
- Withdraw cash at ATMs in Australia and around the world (just look for the Visa logo) (fees may apply)
- Security - Added protection with chip technology, giving you the latest card security
ATMs in Australia and overseas
We've got a network of multilingual Westpac Group ATMs that you can use in the following languages:
You'll also enjoy no ATM withdrawal fee at our network of ATMS. And when you're overseas you can save a $5 ATM withdrawal fee by using over 50,000 ATMs belonging to the Global ATM Alliance network.4
Bank of Melbourne Mobile banking makes it easy for you to do your banking wherever you are. With a full range of banking features and services, you can bank wherever and whenever you choose.
- Check account balances or transfer funds
- Make payments – pay bills, or transfer money to friends and family, even those overseas
- Make near real-time Osko payments to a BSB and account number
- Pay to Mobile – you can make payments to a mobile phone number
- Apply for a credit card, a home loan or a personal loan or open a new bank account
- Schedule future and recurring payments up to 24 months in advance
- Locate the nearest Bank of Melbourne ATM or branch
- Activate new credit or debit cards
- Travel Notifications – tell us when you are going overseas so we can help protect your accounts while you are away
Keep up to date with SMS and email alerts
SMS and email alerts easily allow you to proactively monitor your accounts 24/7. You can request specific information on account balances, deposits and withdrawals to be sent to you automatically via SMS or email.
Fees and charges apply.
1. If you open a Maxi Saver account and you have not held a Maxi Saver Account before and you are a personal customer, you'll earn an introductory fixed bonus rate of 0.40% p.a. on top of the standard variable interest rate for 3 months from the date your account is opened.
2. Maxi Saver has no monthly account service fee but other fees and charges apply, including for branch access. To hold a Maxi Saver account you must also hold an eligible Bank of Melbourne working account in the same name or have an existing eligible Bank of Melbourne joint account with your name included in the title. Fees and charges may be payable on your eligible working account.
3. Read the terms and conditions and Important Information Document at bankofmelbourne.com.au before making a decision and consider whether the product is appropriate for you. Customers must provide a minimum of 31 days' notice to access funds prior to maturity (except in cases of hardship). If the deposit or any part of it is withdrawn early, an interest rate adjustment will normally apply.
Before making a decision, read the terms and conditions and decide whether the product is appropriate for you.
- Transaction, Savings and Investment Accounts: Terms and Conditions (incorporating fees and charges)
- Interest rates
- Fixed Term Accounts Term Deposits Terms and Conditions and General Information
- Important Information Document
- Fixed Term Deposits interest rates
Special rates will apply for a single term. Standard Term Deposit rates may apply for any subsequent term. Special rates are not available for corporate, institutional or government customers.
Please read these documents and keep a copy. You can request a paper copy at a branch.
The advice on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this or any advice, please consider if it’s right for you. If you need help, call 13 22 66.