What happens when I lock my card?
- Your card will be locked for up to 15 days while you look for it
- You can unlock it at any time
- Scheduled payments will be stopped
- Any direct debits on a linked bank account will continue
- The card will unlock automatically after 15 days
How do I lock my Bank of Melbourne business credit or debit card?
If you already have a personal account and are registered for Mobile or Internet Banking, you can lock your card in three simple steps:
Using Internet Banking
- Sign in to Internet Banking using your card/access number, security number and password
- Select Manage my accounts and select Lost or stolen cards then select the card number
- Select either Lost or Stolen and choose whether you want a Temporary or Permanent block. Once your card is locked no one can use it.
Using Mobile banking
- Sign in to our app
- Select Services from the bottom menu and select Lock card temporarily from the My Cards menu
- Choose the card you wish to lock by tapping on the lock icon. Once your card is locked no one can use it.
What if I’m not registered for personal Internet Banking?
If you're a Business Banking Online customer and you don't have access to personal Internet and Mobile banking, please call 1300 307 080 to temporarily lock your card.
Or if you have an account in your personal name and are happy to access it online, simply register for Internet Banking then put a temporary block on your card following the steps above.
What about additional cardholders?
When you lock a credit card, this will also lock the cards of any additional cardholders.
If debit cards are linked to the account, they may need to be blocked or cancelled separately - including cards added to mobile wallets and wearables.
What if my card is used before I manage to lock it?
Should any unauthorised transactions occur on your cards, the Bank of Melbourne Fraud Money Back Guarantee ensures you'll be reimbursed in full provided you've:
- Not contributed to the loss (and complied with the card's conditions of use)
- Contacted Bank of Melbourne promptly.
What if I find my lost business credit or debit card?
You can unlock the card by following these steps. In Internet Banking select ‘reactivate’, or tap on the lock icon in Mobile Banking against the locked card to unlock it.
What if my business credit or debit card is lost for good or was stolen?
Please report a lost or stolen card so that we can permanently block your card, stop all transactions on your account, and organise a replacement.
More for your business
Existing Internet Banking customer?
Sign in to Internet Banking to temporarily lock your card. You’ll need your card/access number, security number and password.
New to Internet and Mobile Banking?
Register for Internet and Mobile Banking, then sign in and select Services and Lock a card temporarily.