Increase your business credit card limit
From time to time, you may need more headroom with your credit limit on your card. For example, you may be travelling overseas, need to make that large purchase or want to avoid being charged Over Limit fees.
Easy ways to apply
After your account has been opened for 6 months, you can choose to apply for an increase to your credit limit on your card. To be eligible to apply for a Bank of Melbourne credit card limit increase you must be the primary cardholder, not an additional cardholder, and must not have requested a credit card limit increase in the last 6 months. You must also meet our credit criteria to be approved for a credit limit increase.
You can apply to increase the credit limit on your card in any of these ways:
Customers registered for Internet Banking could save time by applying online through Internet Banking. Log in and visit the ‘Manage my accounts’ menu. Under the heading ‘Card Services’ select ‘Increase Credit Card Limit’.
For a quick response1
Fax or mail it back to us using the details on the form
Call us on 13 82 66
To apply to increase your limit, say “Increase Card Limit” when prompted
To decrease your limit, say “Decrease Card Limit” when prompted
Information you'll need to complete your application
- Driver licence number, if you have one, for yourself and each applicant
- Details of weekly income before tax for each applicant
- Details of your assets, savings or investments
- The repayment amounts and balances owing on any liabilities (including credit cards, store accounts, etc.)
- If you are self-employed you will also need recent tax information.
Final approval depends on
- Your ability to meet Bank of Melbourne's normal credit assessment criteria and to provide Bank of Melbourne with any further information required.
- Satisfactory transaction history on your credit card account and other accounts held with us.
You can choose to apply for an increase to your credit card facility or facility limit by calling our Business Banking specialists on
13 82 66 (Mon – Fri, 8am – 8pm AEST) or by visiting your nearest branch.
Conditions, fees and credit criteria apply.
Before making a decision, it's best to read the terms and conditions.
- Amplify Business Credit Card Conditions of Use
- Amplify Business Credit Card Complimentary Insurance Terms and Conditions
- Amplify Business Credit Card Rewards Terms and Conditions
- BusinessVantage Visa Credit Card Conditions of Use
- Credit Card Accounts Fees and Charges
- Your welcome letter will also set out some terms and conditions such as interest rates and fees
Please read these documents and keep a copy. You can request a paper copy at a branch.
The information on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this, please consider if it's right for you. If you need help, call 13 82 66.
1 Subject to system availability