Overseas emergency card replacement and cash service
If your card is lost or stolen, take advantage of your card’s Emergency Card Replacement service, where a replacement card can usually be provided within 2 business days.
By advising us that your credit card is missing may protect you from liability for any subsequent misuse of your card.
You also have access to an emergency cash advance - subject to your available credit limit and your account being in good standing.
MasterCard® and Visa may be able to help you with emergency replacement cards and emergency cash advances.
To access these emergency services through MasterCard, visit mastercard.com, select your country and click on 'Emergency Services'. If your card is Visa, visit visa.com, select your country and go to 'Visa Global Customer Assistance'.
You will be asked for the details listed on your St.George records, such as your:
- Address in Australia
- Phone number in Australia
If you can't reach MasterCard or Visa, contact St.George on a reverse charge call, by calling the Telstra Australia Direct® Reverse Charge access number for the country you're in to book a reverse charge call to +61 3 9982 4186 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
Please note that calls made from mobile phones, public telephones or hotel rooms may attract additional charges, not covered by the reverse charge service.
Two tips about an emergency replacement card:
- In most cases, MasterCard and Visa can issue you with a replacement card within 24-48 hours, although this depends on your location
- An emergency card can be used to make manual and swiping transactions at overseas merchants or a cash advance at an overseas bank, but can't be used to withdraw cash from an ATM.
Two tips about an emergency cash advance:
- Emergency cash can be debited from your card within 24-48 hours
- The maximum amount is US$5,000 a day, as long as you stay within your credit limit and your credit card account is in good standing.
If you require an urgent replacement card or a replacement card delivered overseas, please select the 'No' option when completing the form in Internet Banking and contact us on +61 3 9982 4186 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week). Additional charges may apply for urgent or overseas delivery.
MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.