Internet Banking tips
You can schedule funds to be transferred at any date up to 24 months in the future:
- Set up regular payments daily, weekly, fortnightly or monthly
- Schedule a recurring payment to your credit card for a specific amount
- You can transfer funds to somebody else's account or to your accounts at another bank.
Check account balances and view transaction history
- View detailed account information
- View account transaction history, last cheques presented and card authorisations
- View and modify scheduled payments for any of your cheque, savings, investment, credit and loan accounts
- View a summary of the financial year’s interest accrued on your account.
Make completing your tax return easier
View and print the financial year's interest summary for all of your Bank of Melbourne accounts that are viewable on Internet Banking.
Save money by performing numerous cheque-related tasks online
- Search for a cheque or stop payment on a cheque
- Order a copy of a cheque
- Deposit a cheque1
Reset your Security Number or Password online
If you forget your Security Number or Password, simply click the related link on the Internet Banking logon screen and follow the prompts. It's quick, easy and secure.
From time to time you'll receive messages from us in the Message Centre, to tell you about new and improved Internet Banking features or changes to your Terms and Conditions. When you logon to Internet Banking you'll see unread messages in your Mailbox.
Learn more about Internet Banking by watching our online demo.
Not registered for Internet Banking yet? Register now.
1Your online cheque deposit will be processed with 24 hours of receipt of your cheque deposit slip by the bank.