Why Vertigo Platinum?
A credit card with our lowest purchase rate plus insurance and concierge
Up to 55 days
Interest free when you pay the closing balance by the statement due date each month. Note: interest free days don't apply to balance transfers.
Complimentary extended warranty insurance on purchases for up to 12 months on the manufacturer's expressed Australian warranty.1
Cover of up to $300 on eligible purchases in Australia. If you find it cheaper within 21 days, you can claim the difference.1
24/7 concierge service
Round-the-clock access to Visa Platinum Concierge.2
Up to 3 extra cards
For additional cardholders aged 16 or over at no extra cost, provided the account isn't a joint account. Additional card transactions are the responsibility of the primary account holder.
and right now, an additional...
0 % P.A.
for 24 months on Balance Transfers
- A 2% balance transfer fee applies#.
- Variable cash advance rate applies after the promotional period.
- Transferred from up to 3 cards issued by banks other than Bank of Melbourne, St.George and BankSA.
- Apply for a new Bank of Melbourne credit card between 21st September 2017 and 22nd November 2017
Switches, upgrades, or customers accessing employee benefits are ineligible. This promotion may be varied or withdrawn at any time and is not available in conjunction with any other promotion.
Balance Transfer promotion:
Available when you apply for a new Vertigo, Vertigo Platinum, No Annual Fee or Amplify credit card during 21st September 2017 and 22nd November 2017 and request at card application to transfer balance(s) from up to 3 non-St.George, Bank of Melbourne and BankSA Australian issued credit, charge or store cards. The rate will apply to balance(s) transferred (min $200 up to 95% of your approved available credit limit) for the promotional period. Activating your card triggers the processing of the balance transfer. The applicable variable cash advance rate will apply to any unpaid balance transfer amount remaining at the end of the promotional period. We will not be responsible for any delays that may occur in processing payment to your other card account(s) and will not close the account(s). Interest free days do not apply to credit cards with balance transfers.
#A balance transfer fee of 2% of the transferred balance(s) will be charged to the account on the same day the balance(s) are debited to the account.
12.74% p.a. variable interest rate on purchases
21.49% p.a. variable cash advance interest rate
2% of each cash advance amount
3% of the Australian dollar value for transactions with merchants based overseas
$99 Annual card fee
$15.00 Fee applied for each late payment or missed payment
$9.00 For each dishonour of a payment under the automatic payment plan
$15.00 Card replacement fee within Australia ($52.50 outside Australia; $45 emergency replacement fee)
Linking to Bank of Melbourne bank account
24/7 fraud monitoring
Phone and Internet Banking
Automatic repayment plan
SMS and email alerts
Visa payWave contactless payments for transactions under $100
How to apply for a credit card
Conditions, fees and credit criteria apply.
Offers are not available in conjunction with any special offers that are not listed on www.bankofmelbourne.com.au. Switches, upgrades, customers accessing employee benefits or existing packaged cards are ineligible.
This card is issued as a Visa card.
1. QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited ABN 78 003 191 035 AFSL 239545 has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 which allows eligible Bank of Melbourne account holders and cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions, of the group policy, are set out in the Credit Card Complimentary Insurance Terms and Conditions, which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee the insurance. You can get a copy of the policy booklet by calling 13 13 76 or download the .
Effective 1 October 2017: AWP Australia Pty Ltd, ABN 52 097 227 177, AFSL 245631, of 74 High Street, Toowong, QLD 4066 (trading as Allianz Global Assistance) under a binder from the underwriter, Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850, AFSL 234708, has issued an insurance group policy to Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714 (Westpac), of 275 Kent Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 which allows eligible Bank of Melbourne account holders and cardholders to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. The terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of the group policy are set out in the Credit Card Complimentary Insurance Terms and which may be amended from time to time. Westpac does not guarantee the insurance. You can get a copy of the policy booklet by downloading the .
2. Visa Platinum/Concierge (“Concierge”) is serviced by a third party supplier. By accessing or using the Concierge, or attempting to do so, you are deemed to have understood and agreed to the terms of usage.