Secure Online Shopping
- Extra security when shopping online
- How it works
- Like more information?
- Updating your contact details
When you're shopping with participating online retailers, Mastercard Identity Check™ and Visa Secure services work with Bank of Melbourne to authenticate your transaction using a 'One Time Password' to help ensure that it is really you making the purchase. This additional layer of security is provided to you free of charge through Bank of Melbourne's Secure Online Shopping service.
How it works
From time to time we may require you to enter a unique ‘One Time Password’ which you will receive via SMS or email, when purchasing online with participating merchants.
Please make sure that you and any additional cardholders linked to your account provide the most up-to-date mobile number and/or email address.
Note: The 'One Time Password' is only valid to use for a single transaction.
Updating your contact details
Make sure to keep your mobile number and email address with us current. You can update these details by:
- Logging into Internet Banking
- Calling us on the number provided at the back of your card, or
- Visiting your nearest branch
If you don't provide us with a correct mobile number or email address, you may not be able to proceed with your online transaction at participating retailers.
Like more information?
- Check out these Frequently Asked Questions
- View the Terms and Conditions (PDF 54kb)
- Call 13 22 66 (Overseas +61 3 8536 7870) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.