ATM fees and charges
- There's nothing like 50,000 global ATM alliance network ATMs to keep you going. Overseas, use your Bank of Melbourne debit or credit card to get cash and pay no ATM withdrawal fee1 at ATMs including Barclays, Deutsche, Bank of America and more. Bank of Melbourne does not charge a fee for checking your account balance at these ATMs.
Be aware though that the following fees and charges will apply when using ATMs overseas:
- A 3% Bank of Melbourne Foreign Transaction Fee applies to overseas debit or credit card withdrawals.
- A 2% cash advance fee applies to credit card withdrawals where the "Credit" option is selected.
- When using a debit card, a $5 ATM withdrawal fee applies when you withdraw money from an ATM which is not part of the Global ATM Alliance network or is not a Bank of Melbourne, Westpac, St.George Bank or BankSA ATM.
- Some overseas banks may apply a fee for ATM withdrawals and/or ATM balance checks. This will be brought to your attention before you proceed with the transaction and can be avoided by using one of our Global ATM Alliance network or Bank of Melbourne, Westpac, St.George Bank or BankSA ATMs.
Things to keep in mind
- You will need to enter your PIN for all ATM withdrawals and balance checks.
- A Bank of Melbourne Visa Debit Card2 lets you access your own money to withdraw local currency at ATMs and to make purchases, wherever Visa® is accepted.
- You can use your Freedom Card to withdraw local currency from selected ATMs where PLUS is accepted.
- For credit card holders who currently withdraw money in Australia from linked Savings or Cheque accounts, it is important to know that this functionality may not be available when using overseas ATMs, including Global ATM Alliance ATMs. To ensure access to Savings and/or Cheque account funds when overseas please speak to us about obtaining a Visa Debit Card for these accounts.
- The daily withdrawal limit for Visa Debit Card is A$1000. This limit can be adjusted to a maximum of $2,000 by visiting a Bank of Melbourne branch or calling Telephone Banking on 13 33 22.
- When checking your account balance the amount will be displayed in the local currency.
1. Global ATM Alliance: No ATM withdrawal fee at over 50,000 Westpac Group, Global ATM Alliance and Partner ATMs globally. Other fees and charges may be payable. A 3% Westpac Foreign Transaction Fee applies to overseas debit or credit card withdrawals. A 2% cash advance fee applies to credit card withdrawals where the "Credit" option is selected, Some Global Alliance ATMs require you to select the "credit" option. A list of Global Alliance members is available.
2. Visa Debit: To be eligible for a Visa Debit Card, you must have an Australian residential address and be over 14 years of age.