Why choose a Fixed Rate Home Loan?
Give your budget a hand by knowing exactly what your payments will be with a fixed rate home loan
You also get…
Use the equity in a family member’s home to help you on your home buying journey and maximise the amount you can borrow. Learn more
At the end of your fixed rate period
Choose to re-fix your interest rate for another fixed rate period or let it revert automatically to our standard variable interest rate6.
Package and save
With a Bank of Melbourne Advantage Package you could get discounted interest rates and fees when you package your home loan, credit card and transaction account4.
Choose to make your repayments weekly, fortnightly or monthly7.
New Owner Occupier Loans
3.85 p.a 3 year Fixed Rate.
Includes a 0.29% p.a. ^^ discount.
Principal & Interest repayments.
4.97% p.a Comparison rate5
New Residential Investment Loans
3.99% p.a 2 year Fixed Rate.
Includes a 0.35% p.a. ^^ discount.
Principal & Interest repayments.
$600 Establishment Fee3
$10 Monthly administration fee
$0 with Advantage Package4
Find my rate
View all rates
Property market research
A simple way to apply for a Bank of Melbourne home loan
Conditions, fees and credit criteria apply.
Before making a decision, it’s best to read the terms and conditions:
Please read these documents and keep a copy. You can request a paper copy at a branch.
The information on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this, please consider if it’s right for you. If you need help, call 1300 000 266.
- Redraw, repayment pause and rate lock requests are subject to our approval. Fees apply.
- A discount of 0.2% p.a. will apply only if the interest in advance amount is deducted from a Bank of Melbourne transaction account.
- Upfront fees and other fees and charges may apply.
- Advantage Package annual fee of currently $395 applies, other fees may be payable. The fee savings apply for the duration of the package. Contact Bank of Melbourne to see if you are eligible to receive Advantage Package benefits.
^^ The offer is available for new loans submitted from 5 June 2018 and may be varied or withdrawn at any time. The total discount rate is inclusive of the current 0.15% p.a. Advantage Package discount for the fixed rate period under the Advantage Package. Excludes internal refinance and switches within Westpac, St. George, Bank of Melbourne, BankSA and RAMS. The Bank will apply the fixed rate that is available at the loan settlement date. $395 annual package fee. Min loan $100k. $395 annual package fee. Min loan $100k.
- The comparison rate is based on a loan of $150,000 over a 25 year term. After the fixed rate period expires the interest rate will revert to the applicable Standard Variable rate based on loan category and repayment type. WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate.
- If at any time before the end of a fixed rate period you switch to another product, interest rate (fixed or variable) or repayment type, then a break cost and switch fee may apply. Switch break costs are explained in the .
- If you make a prepayment beyond the prepayment threshold or change to another repayment type then break costs and fees may apply. Customers can make prepayments of up to the $10,000 prepayment threshold in each 12 month period without break costs or fees applying. Prepayment break costs are explained in the .
Credit criteria, fees and charges apply. Property valuation: valuation is valid for 90 days. Your upfront bank valuation assessment may require further valuation assessment if your property does not fit lending guidelines. Personalised rate: variable interest rates are subject to change, the rate discount is valid for 14 days. For fixed rates, discounts are valid for 5 days. Support and live chat: dedicated teams are here to help you 7 days a week. Available 8am-10pm Mon-Fri and 9am-5pm Sat-Sun. Bank of Melbourne - A Division of Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141 AFSL and Australian credit licence 233714.