A debit card is linked to your everyday bank account. That means whenever you get cash out or pay for something the money is taken from your account. With a credit card you’ll be paying from an approved line of credit which you’ll have to repay later.
We’ll refund you 100% of any money taken from your account if you’re a victim of fraud provided you let us know right away2
Verified by Visa lets you shop online knowing your internet purchases and payments are safer and more secure
Lock your card in a flash with the Bank of Melbourne Mobile Banking app (you can still get cash out from your account with Cardless Cash3)
Smart banking everyday, everywhere
Start out in the right direction with a Complete Freedom account
A transaction account designed for day-to-day banking needs
An accessible concession card account
Easy banking for retirees
You can use your Visa Debit Card anywhere Visa is accepted in Australia or overseas1 (3% foreign transaction fee applies), and can use it in person, online or over the phone.
While you’re overseas, you can avoid paying a $5 overseas ATM withdrawal fee by using ATMs belonging to the Global ATM Alliance (other fees may apply). Make sure you select ‘Credit’ and enter your PIN when getting cash out at an overseas ATM.
1. Global ATM: A 3% Bank of Melbourne Foreign Transaction Fee applies to overseas debit card withdrawals. Refer to Global Alliance for list of members.
2. Our Bank of Melbourne Fraud Money Back Guarantee ensures that customers will be reimbursed for any unauthorised transactions provided that the customer has not contributed to the loss and contacted Bank of Melbourne promptly. Refer to Fraud Money Back Guarantee for full details, including when a customer will be liable.
3. Cardless Cash is available on eligible Bank of Melbourne transaction accounts with a linked debit card. Limit of 3 withdrawal transactions per day applies, subject to $500 daily withdrawal limit and $1,000 weekly withdrawal limit. Only available at Westpac Group ATMs in Australia. To access cardless cash on your mobile, you must be registered to use Internet Banking and download the Bank of Melbourne Mobile Banking app.
4. Primary transaction account is only available when using ATMs and POS while overseas.
5. As at 7 April 2020, the Visa payWave transaction limit has been temporarily increased from $100 to $200. This is a temporary increase, that is being progressive rolled out, and will be only available on certain cards and payment terminals at certain retailers. Customers are encouraged to follow the prompts at each terminal to determine whether a PIN is required. This increase to the Visa payWave limit is part of an industry-wide response to help reduce the spread of COVID-19.