Keep extra charges to a minimum by banking smarter. Follow these tips to reduce or avoid bank fees and charges.
- Tips to avoid overdrawing your account
- Use Bank of Melbourne, St.George, BankSA, Westpac or select Westpac Group partner ATMs in Australia
- Use Internet and Phone Banking
- Check you have an appropriate bank account for your needs
- Combine multiple accounts into one Bank of Melbourne account
- Monitor your accounts with real time SMS and Email Alerts2
- Limit your number of withdrawals
- Schedule your payments in advance
- Minimise statement frequency
Please see Overdrawing your account for more information.
Sometimes simply crossing the street can save you some money. Find your nearest ATM.
Get the convenience of banking 24/71 without leaving your home or office.
- Internet, Mobile and Phone Banking let you easily monitor and manage your accounts and perform transactions that might cost you more inside a branch.
- Pay a bill via BPAY®, transfer to an account in Australia or overseas, schedule payments in advance and much more.
We have a range of bank accounts to suit different customer needs and transaction requirements. Use our handy selectors to find the right account.
Spreading your money over a number of accounts exposes your money to potentially more charges. Consider consolidating your accounts and transfer funds to your preferred Bank of Melbourne account.
SMS and email alerts2 are an efficient way for you to receive updates on your accounts, providing more control over your finances and a greater sense of security:
- Register for SMS and Email Alerts via Internet Banking or over the phone.
- SMS Alerts are free for the Complete Freedom, Concession and Retirement Access Plus. Email alerts are free.
Try limiting the number of withdrawals you make from your account. If you currently withdraw small amounts nearly every day, try withdrawing slightly larger amounts once or twice a week.
Consider requesting cash when purchasing goods using EFTPOS. You're making two transactions, however they only count as one.
Keep on top of your bills and make payments on time by utilising the Scheduled Payments function for BPAY® and payee transfers:
- Scheduled Payments are quick and easy to set up - just log on to Internet Banking and follow the prompts, or call the Internet Banking Help Desk on 1300 605 266.
- You can even set up an Email Alert to let you know when your transaction has been successfully processed.
If you have your printed statement issued more than once a month, think about changing the frequency by requesting monthly, quarterly or six monthly statements.
Conditions and fees apply. This information doesn't take your circumstances into account. Read the terms and conditions before making a decision.
BPAY® Registered to BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518
1 Subject to systems availability.
3 Visa Debit Card - Visa Debit Card available to customers who have an Australian residential address and are over the age of 14.