Concerned about fraud
At Bank of Melbourne, protecting our customers against fraud is of the utmost importance to us.
Our Bank of Melbourne Fraud Money Back Guarantee ensures that any unauthorised transaction claims will be reimbursed provided that the cardholder has not contributed to the loss and contacted us promptly1.
We use a wide network of secure systems to ensure you can shop with confidence knowing you are protected from credit card fraud.
This includes 24/7 Fraud monitoring that detects any unusual purchase activity on your card.
- Our Fraud Detection Team can from time to time advise you on unusual activity on your card and ask if the charges are yours. We will send you an SMS (text) to confirm the transaction, and ask you to text back with your confirmation.
- We may also call you from time to time for a Fraud check to make sure all the transactions we are seeing on your account are genuine.
An added layer of protection to your credit card security is our Secure Online Shopping service available to all Bank of Melbourne credit cardholders.
Report a lost or stolen credit card or any suspect transactions on your card at anytime through our 24/7 customer call centre:
- Verified by Visa and Mastercard® SecureCode™ services protect you while shopping online
- These cutting edge secure online shopping services have the added security of One Time Password protection.
- You are protected from credit card fraud with Bank Of Melbourne's 24/7 Fraud monitoring
- We will protect you against loss from unauthorised transactions provided you have not caused or contributed to the loss and you notify us as soon as possible.
- Find out tips to keep your card secure.
Visa Zero Liability
- When you use your personal Visa Credit card or Visa Debit card online, over the phone, or when you press ‘Credit’ in store or make a contactless transaction, you’re protected from unauthorised transactions with Visa’s Zero Liability Policy2.
- Take the time to look at your account statement or transactions online through Internet Banking, and let Bank Of Melbourne know if anything appears incorrect as soon as possible.
The information on our website is prepared without knowing your personal financial circumstances. Before you act on this information, please read the terms and conditions of your selected product or service including any Product Discloser Statement to consider if it is right for you.
2. Visa's Zero Liability policy does not apply to ATM or eftpos transactions. Cardholders should notify Bank of Melbourne promptly of any unauthorised use of their card.
Mastercard and the Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated.